Friday, March 29, 2013

"No Peeking", or Here's Looking at You!...Plus Blue Gator Jewelry.

No Peeking
"No Peeking" is today's entry in my Daily Paintworks Gallery.  I've always thought that an alternate title could be "Here's Looking at You", but decided to go with the shorter moniker.  If you are searching for it on my website, or FineArtAmerica, you will find it in the Other Faces Gallery.  While, strictly speaking, it may not actually be a face, it is, however, a part of a face, and therefore, belongs in this category.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!  Besides, I can't really think of any other category or gallery where it would be a better fit, so here we are. As relatively small and simple as this rendering seems to be, at least when compared to some of my other pieces, I was amazed at the amount of detail required to effectively show the texture of the skin and contours of  the eye.  It was actually one of the most fun pieces I've ever completed.  The grammar is probably not quite right in that last sentence, but you get the idea.  Anyway, the original was completed using Micron pens, in the stippling or pointillism technique, and measures 9" x 12".  The link beneath the image takes you over to the auction page.  From there, you can check out all of the other originals I have posted so far to Daily Paintworks. If you are interested in prints or note card packages, please visit my website.  Other print and note card options are also available at my Etsy Shop and FineArtAmerica Gallery.  

Blue Gator Jewelry

Cherry Cluster Earrings
I've been publishing this blog on and off since 2006, although 2009 doesn't really count, since I only had one entry for the entire year! (what happened there?).  I have been incorporating the Artist of the Month feature from my newsletter on these pages for about the past two years or so, and as I continue to introduce new artists here, I think it's important to periodically re-visit some of my previous featured artists.  With that in mind, today's shout out goes to SallyAnn Rogers and Blue Gator Jewelry.  SallyAnn is a fellow shop owner at Etsy, and the link here and under the image will take you over to her Etsy Shop.  She also happens to be a college classmate of mine from many moons ago, so it is only fitting that she should be the recipient of my first Artist Spotlight Rerun. Anyway, here are a few examples of what you will find at Blue Gator Jewelry.  Click through to their respective pages to see larger versions or to continue shopping.  Enjoy!
Maine Wire Wrapped Beach Stone Pendant
         
Copper Leaves Earrings

No comments: