Monday, March 25, 2013

"Buffalo Bill Cody"....FB pick of the day!

Buffalo Bill Cody
This will be a relatively short post today, as yard work is beckoning! Ah, Spring is here, I know where I'll be for most of the next 6 months.  Anyway, today's entry in my Daily Paintworks auction is my original pen & ink portrait of "Buffalo Bill Cody". This rendering was done in black ink using the stippling, or pointillism technique.  The link beneath the image will take you over the auction page.

Hunter, Scout, Indian Fighter, Showman; Buffalo Bill romanticized the West in his Wild West Show that toured through the Eastern U.S. and Europe.  William Frederick Cody got his nickname when he was contracted by the Kansas Pacific Railroad after the Civil War to supply the workers with buffalo meat. He proceeded to kill 4,280 American bison in an eighteen month period during 1867-68.  Still, another buffalo hunter, named Bill Comstock, claimed the name as well, so they competed in a buffalo-shooting match to determine who would have exclusive rights to use the name.  Cody won by killing 69 to Comstock's 48. 

Anyone who has been following my blog posts or my Art from the Inkwell Monthly Newsletter for the past few years is familiar with my "Artist of the Month" feature that shines the spotlight on one of my artist colleagues from my various online storefronts and galleries, like Etsy and FineArtAmerica. Well, Daily Paintworks has a similar feature on their Facebook Page - Daily Paintworks Picks of the Day.  I am very pleased to mention here that "Buffalo Bill Cody" has been selected as one of Daily Paintworks Picks of the Day for today.  Here is a link to the Daily Paintworks Facebook Page if you'd like to check it out and perhaps give me a "Like" while you're at it.  Of course, check out all of the other artists as well.

No comments: