Saturday, March 23, 2013

"Chin Shu" and more.......

Chin Shu
Well, this is a first.  I've now reached the plateau of 3 consecutive days of blog posting.  So let's keep the streak going! Today's entry into my Daily Paintworks auction is "Chin Shu", a Siamese Cat that adopted me many, many years ago, and this portrait was done in her memory. I completed this portrait using black and brown ink pens, utilizing stroke work in combination with stippling, or pointillism.  I used Rapidograph pens for the black portions, and Micron pens for the brown portions.  Please contact me if you'd like a portrait of your pet.  I work from photos, so you can either send me your favorite pictures by email or regular mail.  The link beneath the image will take you over to the auction page for "Chin Shu", and once there, you will be able to see the other originals up for auction, and navigate to their respective pages. Right now, each auction runs for 5 days, but since they rotate and overlap starting days, they will all be ending on different days.  You will be able to see how many days are left in each auction if you would like to get in on the fun.  If a piece does not sell at auction, it can either be re-listed, or I'll assign a Buy It Now through PayPal fixed price to it.  So, if a particular piece really grabs you, and you have some upcoming gifts to give, or are just looking for wall decorations for your walls, jumping in to the auction might be the way to go, as my fixed prices and commission rates are generally higher than what they might sell for at auction.

Black Sun
As I mentioned yesterday, I'll be retiring the Art from the Inkwell Monthly Newsletter for awhile (perhaps permanently).  This month's edition (March) will be the last issue while I figure things out.  However, I still have some catching up to do. Today's listing of one of my recent Artist of the Month selections is a real treat:  Dirk Dzimirsky

 All I can say about February's featured Artist of the Month is WOW!!!  I was actually going to look for an artist from my ArtFlakes.com colleagues, and aim for that international flare again, when I received this notification about a new member to FineArtAmerica, and wouldn't you know it, he hails from Bocholt, Germany. So, my search was a rather abreviated one, and as you look over his examples here, I'm sure you can see why.

Dirk has mastered the art of photorealism with his larger than life drawings.   His works have been shown in worldwide exhibitions, featured in art magazines, and recently published in the Huffington Post.  All images can be viewed and purchased directly from Dirk's Profile Page.

Dirk tries to capture a person's presence and inner self.   He portrays not only the physical attributes but, more importantly, the subject's inner presence of life.   His approach is both representational and lyrical - using marks like words and textured areas like paragraphs.   All parts of a whole, telling a story about a human being. He chooses drawing over painting because it allows him to create layers upon layers of lines and dots which react to each other in order to create a vibrant texture with directions and movement.   This approach enables the finished work to be viewed more by the "senses" as opposed to the standard visual observation of a photo.

Here are a few examples of Dirk's work, and you really need to click through to their respective pages on FineArtAmerica to fully appreciate the power of his work.  Again, these are NOT photographs, but drawings in graphite!  Enjoy!


Deja Vu
Drawn Face VI  




Drifting


 













No comments: