Friday, May 17, 2013

"Mojave Girl" and "Fox"

As usual, I'm a little behind in posting (but my garden looks great!).  Summertime should yield a great harvest of tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, zucchini, romaine lettuce, beets, Swiss chard, kale, and green beans, not to mention the various herbs and spices, like basil, oregano, parsley, cilantro, sage, mint, lemon balm, etc.  Since we've had a few days of rain this week, I'm able to spend some time indoors attending to other chores and tasks and work on some artwork. 

Mojave Girl
"Mojave Girl" is the latest entry to my Daily Paintworks gallery.  This is an original pen & ink rendering of an Edward Curtis photo, circa 1903.  I used black and brown inks in completing this portrait, to give the portrait a sepia tone, much like the old tintype photos.  I used the stippling, or pointillism technique throughout the portrait.  The link beneath the image will take you over to the auction page at Daily Paintworks, and from there, you can check out the other original pieces I have posted so far.  "Mojave Girl" is part of my Faces West Gallery, and is already framed and part of my collection, in fact, she is hanging in our foyer.  Keep in mind that only original artwork is posted at Daily Paintworks.  The auctions run for 7 days, and I can repeat them up to three times before the piece is listed with a "Buy It Now" fixed price.  Anyone interested in prints or note cards of "Mojave Girl" should visit my website, my Etsy Shop, or my FineArtAmerica Gallery.  The links are posted in the side panel on this blog.

Fox
Last week, I posted "Fox" to Daily Paintworks, but haven't had a chance to make a blog entry yet, so I'll include that here as well.  "Fox" is an original graphite rendering, part of my Wildlife Gallery.  Other than pencils of various degrees of hardness, the only other tool used here was a kneading eraser to lift out highlights and add depth.  "Fox" is also already framed and part of my collection, although currently, it is on display at the Elkhorn Valley Inn Bed & Breakfast, in Lyons, OR. Again, the link beneath the image takes you to the Daily Paintworks auction page, and prints and note cards are available through my website, Etsy Shop, and FineArtAmerica Gallery.

No comments: