Tuesday, April 30, 2013

"Man With No Name", plus Artist of the Day - Nat Morley

Man With No Name
Well, I haven't been able to get back into the rhythm of posting every day, or even every other day for that matter, yet.  I knew that would be tough task once Spring/Summer rolled around, what with all of the demands of the property.  I'm almost caught up with getting back up to speed after the Winter lay-off.  The lawn is looking pretty good, the plants are starting to come back (tulips, daffodils, azaleas and camellias are blooming now), most of the accumulated lawn debris has been burned off (only a few weeks left of burning season until we shut it down for the Summer), and now my attention turns to the various flower beds and vegetable garden.  We want to get the garden planted over the next 2-3 weeks.  I've been working on prepping the raised beds, added additional soil to top them off, and start the actual planting today, right after I post this blog.

My Daily Paintworks entry for today is "Man With No Name", one of Clint Eastwood's iconic film characters from the spaghetti western days. This original portrait was done using stroke work and cross-hatching strokes, and is part of my Faces West Gallery.  The link beneath the image will take you over to the Daily Paintworks auction page.  Of course, you can also view "Man With No Name" on any of my other Gallery or Storefront listings by clicking on the appropriate link on the side panel.  For example, if you are interested in T-shirt, mug, calendar or any of the other products that feature this image, check out my storefront at CafePress.com., and look for the Faces West shop.

Morgan Freeman
I also have an Artist of the Day entry today, and his name is Nat Morley.  He is one of my fellow FineArtAmerica artists, but unfortunately, does not have a lot biographic information on his Profile Page.  When I tried to click through to his website, I found out that his domain has just recently lapsed.  I'm hoping he's in the process of renewing, to get back up to speed, but in the meantime, I do know that he hails from the United Kingdom and does a fantastic job with celebrity portraits in graphite.  So, I'll post a few of his portraits here and you can check them out for yourself.  As usual, the links provided beneath the images will take you over to their respective pages at FineArtAmerica, where you can check out the larger versions.


Johnny Depp

The Joker
Zooey Deschanel

No comments: