Thursday, May 23, 2013

"Contemplation", plus Artist of the Day......

Contemplation
First, some news from the trenches - I have undertaken the daunting task of re-designing my website.  Should keep me busy for quite awhile, considering all of the images I have posted.  Thankfully, WordPress seems to be a very comprehensive tool that is easy to use, and should make the task a great learning experience.  Hopefully, much of the look and feel of the website will remain the same, but I am trying to enhance the quality of uploaded images, as well as simplify the navigation and reduce the amount of text.  I may cut back on the number of actual images at first, so I can at least get the website up and running, and then add in the oldies but goodies as I go along.  Will keep you posted!

The latest addition to my Daily Paintworks gallery is "Contemplation", pictured above.  This portrait was completed using the stippling, or pointillism technique.  The original measures 14 x 11 ( or 11 x 14, if you prefer ), and is part of my Other Faces Gallery.  The link below the image will take you over to the auction page, where you can also check out all of the other images in my gallery.  Prints and note cards of "Contemplation" are available through my website, as well as my Etsy Shop and FineArtAmerica gallery, and the links are provided here and in the side panel for your convenience.

African Stallion
One of the groups that I belong to at FineArtAmerica focuses on Scratchboard renderings, and I've found some great artists there.  Some, I've already featured here, but there seems to be no end to the talented people once you spend a little time browsing through the galleries there.  Today's artist is one of my favorite, more recent discoveries, Sheryl Unwin. Sheryl is originally from Massachusetts, growing up about 30 miles north of Boston.  She now resides in North Port, Florida, and has been illustrating portraits of various subjects for over 20 years.  She also works in Graphite and Prismacolor pencil, and is a wonderful photographer as well.  Here are a few of her pieces to whet your appetite.  I hope you will take a few minutes to visit her FineArtAmerica gallery and check out the rest of her portfolio.  As usual, the links beneath the images will take you over to their respective pages, and here is a link to Sheryl's FineArtAmerica Gallery.




Midnight Patrol

Ocelot
Sumatran Tiger

No comments: