Thursday, June 07, 2012

Introducing Marc G Doutherd


Marc G Doutherd


Rainy Days and Thursdays?!  Well, that's not quite how the song goes, but it does give me some time to work on another post since I can't go out and mow the yard or work in the garden.  This makes three posts this week, which is probably some sort of record.  If I get another one in over the next few days, it will definitely be a new standard to strive for.  I've already had two power outages over the last 15 minutes due to the heavy rain, so we'll have to see how long this session actually lasts.

Anyway, I thought I'd use this post to give another plug to my "Artist of the Month", as featured in the Art from the Inkwell Monthly Newsletter for June.  Now that I've been posting at ArtFlakes.com for a few months, I thought it would be kind of fun to go to that site and add an International flair to my Artist of the Month picks, since that site is hosted in Berlin, Germany.  Wouldn't you know, it but the first artist that really jumped out at me is someone who hails from California!  This month's Artist of the Month is  Marc G Doutherd, and I hope you get a chance to check out some of his amazing work.  Marc can render an image on any surface,with any usable medium. From figurative photo realism and surrealism to interpretational abstract, Marc G Doutherd shows unlimited ability in terms of his creative energy and artistic innovation. His artistic disciplines include lithography, illustration, painting, graphic design, leather work, jewelry making, tanning, sculpture, glass blowing, musical instrument making, and music writing and composition. The link above (click on the photo), will take you over to his Profile Page at ArtFlakes, or you can click on the captions beneath the images below to begin your tour of his portfolio. 

Last of His Pride
Wisdom

No comments: