Monday, June 04, 2012

Hello again! It's been awhile.

Whew!  I happened to look through my blogs a few days ago, and realized that I haven't posted anything in about three months.  Falling back into old habits I guess.  I was doing okay there for awhile, posting once or twice a week, and trying to keep up with it pretty regularly.  We had a stretch of unusually nice weather during April and May, which generally means that most of my time is spent outdoors tending to the property - mowing, weed-whacking, planting and the usual maintenance, etc.  Throw in a couple of trips - to Florida and closer to home to Seattle and Jacksonville, OR, and before you know it, three months have zipped by.  So here we are in the first week of June, and wouldn't you know it, the rain is back.  Can't complain though. Our vegetable garden has been in for over a month now, and we didn't even get it planted last year until the end of June due to the record rains of March thru May.  So it will be interesting to see what kind of yield we get this year with the tomatoes, corn, peppers, green beans, zucchini, yellow squash, romaine lettuce, shard and cabbage we planted.  That's in addition to the herbs: basil, parsley, oregano, orange mint, lemon balm, sage, and chives which typically go crazy.  This year we even tried a few blueberry plants and grape vines for a change of pace. I'll have to post a few pictures once the crops start coming in.  I think we're expecting rain for the next few days, so yard work will have to wait for a little while, which will give me a chance to make a few more posts.  I'm working on a new western portrait, which is getting close to completion, and there are the usual monthly specials at my Etsy Shop and FineArtAmerica Gallery to post.  Plus, I'll give another plug to my featured "Artist of the Month" from my monthly newsletter.  So stay tuned. More to come.

No comments: