Friday, November 08, 2013

Another Horse Portrait, plus "Artist of the Day"!

Profile
I just added this horse portrait, titled "Profile" to my FineArtAmerica Gallery, so I thought I'd lead off today's post with this follow-up to "Back in the Saddle Again", my most recent post.  Naturally, I'll be adding "Profile" to my Etsy Shop as well.  And if you're looking for all kinds of gifts that might feature this artwork (mugs, T-shirts, calendars, pillows, etc.), be sure to check out my CafePress Storefront.  Links to all of my Galleries/Storefronts are located in the side panel.  "Profile" is an original graphite portrait, dimensions are 14" x 17".  While I'm waiting to get into town to scan the new pieces I've completed over the past few months, I've been looking for older pieces that haven't been featured previously.  Pretty much everything can be found on my website, but the other galleries/storefronts are not always "mirrors" of what is on my website, although I guess, eventually that is the goal.

Panda Bear
Now, for this edition's "Artist of the Day", I'd like to introduce you to Jurek Zamoyski, from Great Barrington, MA.  Jurek joined FineArtAmerica around the same time that I did, but so far, I don't think that I've featured him yet on any of my "Artist of the Day/Month" posts.  That's not too surprising, considering that there are a few thousand artists posting on FineArtAmerica. That is why I rely on the various groups that I belong to on that site to gather my prospective artists.  Makes the task a little bit easier, yet still provides me with an unlimited number of very talented artists.  Jurek's portfolio at FineArtAmerica consists mostly of animal portraits, although he does have a wide range of other subjects as well.  I hope you'll take some time to visit his Profile page and browse through the rest of his galleries.  Here are a few examples of his artwork.  As usual the links beneath each image will take you over to their respective pages at FineArtAmerica.  From there, you can navigate through the rest of his artwork.  

Snow Leopard

Jurek has had a special affinity for animals ever since he was a child, and I think you'll agree that his portraits capture the essence of the subject, and reflect the very soul of the animals through their eyes.  Jurek paints on wood board or canvas, using a variety of water based paints and inks, and his own style is based on Mische Technique.  Enjoy!






Koala
Zebra

No comments: