Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Golden Eagle

Today's post could be sub-titled "an oldie but a goodie".  But before I get into that I just want to do a follow-up to a post last week regarding The Trail Band concert that we attended on Friday, Dec. 3rd.  This group never ceases to amaze me.  Not only does every member of The Trail Band play about a zillion different instruments, everything from a piccolo to a contra-base, with assorted stringed instruments and hammer dulcimers, horns, woodwinds, you name it, but they manage each year to mix it up and put on a show that is without parallel.  After 17 years, they definitely have found the formula for success.

Now back to today's post.  This pencil portrait, "Golden Eagle" was one of my early pieces and was actually used as my logo in an earlier incarnation of my artistic endeavors.  Back then, my company was called Faces West, and I focused primarily on Western, Native American and Wildlife portraits.  Of course, this was waaay before scanners and other technological advances that we take for granted today. Anyway, "Golden Eagle" has been framed and part of my collection for the past 25 years, give or take a few.  I recently had to re-frame the portrait, and thought - "hey, why not scan him now that he's out of the frame?"  So that's what I did.  With a little help from PhotoShop to clean up some of the background "noise" from the scan, the image looks as good now as it did back then.  So I uploaded the image to my website and also to my gallery on FineArtAmerica, and wouldn't you know it, two days later, I was informed that a print was purchased from the FineArtAmerica Gallery.  So while I was running a lucky streak of one sold print, I figured I should add another "oldie but goodie".  I'll post that image next time.  By the way, I liked the association of the name Faces West so much that I use it as one of my galleries in Art from the Inkwell.  Guess what type of portraits you'll find there.

No comments: