Wednesday, March 19, 2014

DailyPaintworks Auctions

Well, here I am playing catch-up again.  I just realized that it has been about 3 months since my last posting.  By the way, I'd like to thank everyone who made my last post, dedicated to my Dad, my most read blog posting ever.  So, now it's back to the usual stuff, if you will.  I have an endless supply of new artists that I will be introducing here over the upcoming posts as my Artist of the Day selections.  First up though, will be a couple of my recent additions to my DailyPaintworks Gallery.
 

Game Face
Those of you who follow my work will recognize "Game Face" as the avatar I use for my Facebook page, although it is new to my DailyPaintworks Gallery.  In fact, most of the work posted in my blogs will be recognized from my other online galleries/storefronts and my website.  But here's a newsflash, over the next few weeks, I will be posting some brand new artwork which I have been hoarding for the past six months or so.  My old printer/scanner/copier was not producing quality scans for some reason. Probably just wore out, like the rest of us old fogies. So, since Fran needed fax capability for work, I upgraded to a printer/scanner/copier/fax machine which seems to be doing the job so far. I upgraded the computer at the same time, since Window XP is no longer supported.  So now I have a new problem.  All of my old software which I used for building my web pages and creating my notecards, etc. is not compatible with Windows 8.1.  So it looks like my  thumb drive will come in quite handy as I'll have to transfer work from the new computer to the old computer to work on website, notecards, etc.  For a little while, at least,  I'll be adding new artwork here and to my galleries/storefronts before I post them to my website. 
 
Cleft of the Rock Lighthouse
Next up is last weeks addition to the DailyPaintworks Gallery, "Cleft of the Rock Lighthouse", which was recognized as one of DPW's Facebook Picks of the Day.  Located just south of Yachats, Oregon, the privately owned and built lighthouse, constructed in 1976, is visible from Highway 101, but is not open to the public. The name is taken from the hymn "He Hideth My Soul in the Cleft of the Rock", by Fanny J. Crosby.  "Cleft of the Rock Lighthouse" is one of 10 Oregon Coast Lighthouses for which I've done renderings.  This piece is already framed and part of my collection.  Clicking on the titles beneath the images will take you over to their respective  DPW auction page, while clicking on the titles within the text of these paragraphs will take you over to their FineArtAmerica page, where you can see larger versions of the artwork, as well as navigate around through the Galleries.

No comments: