Thursday, July 19, 2012

Artist of the Month - Corrina Thurston

Here's another chance to check out my Artist of the Month for July - Corrina Thurston.  For those of you who haven't signed up for my Monthly Newsletter, each month, I try to shine a spotlight on the artwork of one of my artist colleagues, through my networks at Etsy, FineArtAmerica, ArtFlakes, and Facebook.  Hopefully, this will introduce my readers and fans to the artwork of someone they may not normally come to find, while at the same time, introducing these artists to a new audience.  As I was scanning through my circles, followers, and associates on Etsy, FineArtAmerica, and ArtFlakes, I was intrigued and inspired by Corrina's story.  Corrina is 21 years old, and has only been drawing for about two years.  She has been fighting a number of illnesses for the past three years, including Post-Viral Fatigue Syndrome, which will take her years to recover from.  Due to her illness, she is no longer able to attend college, or be employed, so she took up drawing (and painting) to occupy her time and act as a therapy.  Her favorite medium is colored pencil.  In addition to her Etsy Shop, she also has a website and a Facebook page.  She updates the Facebook page regularly and that is probably the best way to contact her and keep up to date regarding her artwork and showings. So, here are some links to her various pages, along with a sampling of her artwork. Click on any of the image texts to go over to her Etsy Shop.

Facebook page:  Corrina A. Thurston Studios

Custom Pet Portrait in Graphite
Ocelot Giclee Print
Custom Pet Portrait in Graphite

No comments: