Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Pt. Robinson Lighthouse, Washington


Located on the northeast corner of Maury Island in Puget Sound, the lighthouse marks the halfway point between Seattle and Tacoma. Often shrouded in fog, Point Robinson began as a fog signal station on July 1, 1885. A light was added to the station in 1887. Before 1925, Maury Island was only accessible by boat or bridge at high tide. Now, however, the island is easily reached from the larger Vashon Island, via a paved road on a narrow strip of land. This rendering is the third in my series of Washington lighthouses. I still have about 24 to go to complete the series, so I'd better get back to the drawing board soon. In the meantime, I'll continue to post the rest of my Oregon Coast Lighthouses, as well as Horse, Pet, Western and Wildlife portraits. For a complete tour of my "Gallery", please visit my website, and since it's never too early to think about Christmas gifts, check out the products on my website as well as my CafePress storefront.

No comments: